Storefront for Art and Architecture amplifies ideas that contribute to the understanding of the built environment through artistic practice. Since its founding in 1982, Storefront has produced and presented work at the intersection of art and architecture through exhibitions, events, and other public programming that addresses diverse notions of place and public life.
We are always open to hearing from individuals interested in supporting Storefront’s mission. Please send all inquiries to email@example.com.
GALLERY & EVENTS ASSISTANT (Part-Time)
The Gallery & Events Assistant’s role is to communicate current exhibitions to visitors and actively engage with the public to inform them of Storefront’s overall mission. During periods between exhibitions, this position will also work alongside the rest of the team on upcoming exhibitions and events, assisting in research, communications, production, installation, and de-installation as needed.
Applicants from all backgrounds are welcome. By joining our small team, the Gallery & Events Assistant will be exposed to a range of aspects of the organization and are expected to work independently as well as collectively with the rest of the staff to ensure that Storefront’s activities and programs are fulfilled successfully.
- Interest in Storefront’s mission
- Desire to gain knowledge of operations in a non-profit organization
- Curiosity in audience engagement
- Exceptional communication and visitor service skills, both in person and over the phone
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be available to work during the gallery’s open hours with Saturday being a required day
- Proficiency with Google Workspace and Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Welcoming visitors to our exhibitions during gallery hours
- Tracking and logging the number of daily visitors
- Engaging with gallery visitors and providing information on current programming
- Helping with the upkeep of the gallery’s facade during open hours
- Maintaining the Storefront general email box
- Replying to general inquiries, forwarding correspondence to appropriate staff as needed, tracking responses
- Updating Storefront mailing list
- Assisting Storefront staff with daily gallery and operational tasks
- Setting up and breaking down of events
- Assisting in the execution of events
All applicants must be able to commit to a minimum of 20 hours per week with some occasional evenings for events.
This position is paid at a rate of $20 per hour.
Please email a letter of intent and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Gallery & Events Assistant” in the subject line.