Thursday May 15, 2014
– The individual (or team) must be professionals in their related architecture, design and/or historic preservation field. Architectural and design historians qualify
– The project must emphasize design and reflect one (or more) of the fields supported in the category: architecture, landscape architecture, graphic, fashion, industrial and interior design.
– Faculty in architecture or design schools are welcome to apply. However, their proposed projects must not be part of a course curriculum.
– Project must take place between January 2015 – December 2015.
– The individual (or team) must provide evidence that they are current New York State residents. Proof of New York State residency requires two of the documents per individual from the list below. All documentation must contain the individual’s name and address. Documentation must be dated no earlier than 2013:
1) Telephone Bill
2) Credit card and/or bank statement (name and address page only; financial and account information should be blocked). NYS or Federal Tax Form (first page only; social security and financial information should be blocked.
3) Current lease or mortgage agreement for a home residence listing the individual’s name and showing a NYS address
4) NYS Driver’s license or NYS ID card
5) Voter registration card
The individual (or team) may not be in the process of applying for another NYSCA project with another team or with another fiscal sponsor organization. If individuals appear on more than one request, both requests will be deemed ineligible for support.
Ineligible Projects Include
– Student projects are ineligible for support. Currently matriculated students must document that their projects are not related to the completion of a degree.
– Visual artists whose work references the built environment
– Projects that request NYSCA funds for out-of-state travel expenses. (Please note out-of-state travel expenses may be involved in your project; however, you should be prepared to note how you will cover these expenses with funds outside of NYSCA.)
– For additional information, visit www.arts.ny.gov
NYSCA Independent Projects Timeline
Please note individuals who do not follow instructions for submission as listed will not be considered.
June 5, 2014
Request for Proposals
If you are interested in applying through Storefront for NYSCA funding, please answer all questions in the application form on the right side of this page and email firstname.lastname@example.org answers to each question. Applications should be submitted in a word document with the email subject line “NYSCA Independent Project Application Request” by midnight on June 5th to be considered. Please note selected individuals may be asked to submit additional application information by June 26, 2014. By submitting an application form, individuals agree to submit additional application materials requested to Storefront by this date.